Are you currently pregnant or in the postpartum period? Be sure to reap the benefits of exercise and community in a fitness routine that will improve your overall health and the health of your developing baby, lower your risk of interventions, and help you bounce back quicker in the postpartum.
Proven Benefits of Prenatal Fitness for the Woman:
- Better Sleep
- Increased energy
- Reduce chance of common ailments (constipation, hemorrhoids, backache, swelling, etc…)
- Reduced risk of gestational diabetes
- Reduced risk of pregnancy- induced hypertension
- Fewer Obstetrical interventions
- Lower Incidence of Cesarean sections
- Quicker pushing phase in delivery
- Bounce Back Quicker in Postpartum
Proven Benefits to the Baby:
- Stronger placenta with more blood flow and oxygen passing to the baby
- Lower body fat
- Better at self-soothing
Postpartum exercise can be very beneficially, both physically to recondition the body after the great toll of pregnancy and childbirth and, also mentally, as this period can be a very lonely and stressful time.
Proven Benefits of Post-Partum Fitness:
- Quicker return to pre-pregnancy size
- Less risk of baby blues and postpartum depression
- Better Sleep
- Faster recovery from pregnancy and labor/delivery (abdominals, pelvic floor, etc)
- Preventing issues of Diastasis Recti, incontinence, prolapse, etc. that can develop over time
Join me for one of my 6 week series at the JCC & Valley Sports Center in the Farminton Valley.
New moms I know how hard it can be when you have your little one to get out. Babies are always welcome!