Exercising during pregnancy has so many benefits for you and baby! In fact, The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists,(ACOG) has just updated their recommendations and says women should be exercising before, during, and after pregnancy. See full article here- New ACOG Guidelines on Prenatal Exercise
An exercise program will:
- Increase stamina and well-being during pregnancy and after.
- reduce discomforts commonly associated with pregnancy, such as back aches, constipation, edema, fatigue, etc.
- It is also proven to reduce your risk of pregnancy complications like gestational diabetes and hypertension.
- Lower the rates of interventions used during labor and delivery.
- Improve strength of placenta to provide more oxygenated blood and nutrients to baby.
When you sign up for a Pregnancy Fitness Session you will receive a consultation (I’ll begin preparing beforehand) during your first session so we can devise a plan that will fit your needs and is safe for your trimester.
A consultation includes:
- Review of your present and past exercise routines, needs, medical history, pregnancy information, issues/concerns, etc.
- Diastasis Recti check
- Fitness assessment
- Review of guidelines for exercising during pregnancy
- Create of a workout plan that you can follow during your pregnancy to prepare for childbirth and promote well-being.
60 min. in-home workout includes:
- Warm up/cool down
- Exercises specifically for your stage of pregnancy and fitness level to help relieve common ailments like back ache, constipation, edema, and fatigue
- Strength training using light hand weights
- Practice positions that will help the baby engage, become positioned properly, open hips and pelvis in preparation for delivery.
- Warning signs for when to slow down or call your care provider will be reviewed per ACOG guidelines.
An initial session plus consultation is $79. Continued sessions can be purchased for $59 each or a bundle of 3 for $150.
Makes a great baby shower gift!
*Mileage charge of .50 per mile applies for destinations 10 miles outside of my address in zip code 06019.
Disclaimer: Results are not guaranteed and will vary by individual. Your care providers approval is required for any fitness routine. Always contact your care provider with questions/concerns.