This is a great recipe if you miss traditional egg or chicken salads, but are vegan or just want a lighter healthier version.
You won’t miss out on all the protein with the substitute of chickpeas! And your protein intake is very important during pregnancy!
Be sure your getting adequate protein for:
- Bone and muscle development of the fetus
- Less risk of miscarriage and certain birth defects
- Avoiding fatigue
- Reduce your risk of developing gestational hypertension
According to the American Pregnancy Association, you should aim for 75 to 100 gram per day.
It’s quick and easy and delish! Enjoy!
Vegan Chickpea “Egg” salad on romaine. NomNomNom
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed, drained, and mashed
- 1 tbsp. Dill relish
- 1 tbsp vegan mayo ( i like veganaise with grapeseed oil)
- 1 tbsp spicy ground mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped red onion ( i ran out so the photo has white onion)
- Pinch of ground Himalayan salt, ground peppercorns, and garlic powder
For a bit of a heavier meal, add it on a piece of toasted ezekial bread.
Let me know how you like the recipe on my facebook page or in the comments section below!!!!!!!!!
And before you go,
Don’t forget to join my growing private group (open to non-client pregnant and postpartum women for a limited time)…
Mind and Body Mama’s Birth Circle